The grinding machine is used for roughing and finishing flat, cylindrical, and conical surfaces; finishing internal cylinders or bores; forming and sharpening cutting tools; snagging or removing rough projections from castings and stampings; and cleaning, polishing, and buffing surfaces. Once strictly a finishing machine, modem production grinding machines are used for complete roughing and finishing of certain classes of work.
Grinding machines are used daily in a machine shop. To avoid injuries follow the safety precautions listed below.
- Wear goggles for all grinding machine operations.
- Check grinding wheels for cracks before mounting.
- Never operate grinding wheels at speeds in excess of the recommended speed.
- Never adjust the workpiece or work mounting devices when the machine is operating
- Do not exceed recommended depth of cut for the grinding wheel or machine.
- Remove workpiece from grinding wheel before turning machine off.
- Use proper wheel guards on all grinding machines.
- On bench grinders, adjust tool rest 1/16 to 1/8 inch from the wheel.
We are professional grinding mill supplier, and manufacture vairous ginding machine, such as Raymond Mill, LM Series Vertical Mill, Ball Mill, Ultrafine Mill etc. For more information, please contact us, we will help you select suitable equipments according to your needs.