Industrial sand and gravel, often called “silica,” “silica sand,” and “quartz sand,” includes sands and gravels with high silicon dioxide (SiO2) content. These sands are used in glassmaking; for foundry, abrasive, and hydraulic fracturing (frac) applications; and for many other industrial uses. We are leading silica sand attritor grinding machine supplier, and provide the complete and grinding equipment and help customers design specific layout for silica sand grinding plant.
The Attritor is a grinding mill containing internally agitated media. It has been generically referred to as a “stirred ball mill.” There are quite a few types of Attritors; we can categorize them as dry grind Attritors, wet grind Attritors, regular speed Attritors, and high speed Attritors.
features of attritor grinding machine
• Various types of Attritors can be used in wet or dry grinding process.
• A series of metal-contamination-free machines are specially designed for the ceramic industry.
• Laboratory size Attritors are designed with variable speed drive for different RPM selections. Grinding tank sizes from 100ml to 9.5 liter.
• Production size Attritors are equipped with a specially designed 450% high torque motor for easy startup. The motor has two speeds – high speed for actual grinding, and low speed (1/3 of the high speed) for charging, discharging and cleaning procedure. The machine capacity ranges from 35 liter to 3800 liter.
• All grinding tanks are jacketed for cooling or heating.
• A torque meter can be equipped to measure the energy input, and by using the total power consumption, one can monitor the grinding process.
• Cover seals can be provided for processing under inert atmosphere.