Barite crushing plants consist of single machines or a set of machines that are put together to form a process to gradually reduce the size of the processed material. The required equipments in barite crushing plants include the following:
• Size reduction machines, e.g. crushers.
• Separation machines, e.g. screens.
• Transportation equipment, e.g. trucks and conveyor belts.
• Storage, e.g. stockpiles or bins.
• Extra equipment, such as scrubbers and soil mixers (occasionally).
The barite crushing process is divided into several stages with different size ranges in eash. The configuration of the barite crushing plants can differ, but in general they are as follows. The primary stage consists of a jaw crusher or sometimes a gyratory crusher. The secondary and tertiary stages, on the other hand, use cone crushers as size reduction machines. However, the final shape of the product is sometimes achieved in a vertical shaft impact crusher(VSI). In addition, screens are placed between the crusehrs in most stages.